Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default What to use on alloy wheels?

In message , Bill
writes
In message , Steven
Campbell writes
Anyone know what substance the hand car washers use to clean alloy wheels?
I can spend hours trying to get my alloys clean and they always still appear
grubby yet if I take the car into one of the numerous hand wash places that
have sprung up, they spray the alloys, leave for a few seconds and then
spray with a power washer and they come up good as new.

Also any recommendations for cleaning tar off the car?

Cheers

Steven.

I have no experience of this but it was recommended on another group I
look at.

http://www.chemicalguysuk.com/category_s/6.htm

I use these people for aluminium cleaning chemicals

http://www.chemiclean.co.uk/

--
geoff