Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Load Center Orientation

On Wed, 1 Jul 2009 22:31:36 -0700 (PDT), BobK207
wrote:

Can a load center with a main breaker be mounted rotated 90 degrees
such that the main breaker is on the left (side ) rather than the more
normal position, at the top?

The load center I'm considering is ebay item 130313028566 and
mounting it with the breaker on the left rather than the top would
make installation easier.

I'm replacing a Square D 816 load center that is too congested. The
neutral bus is maxed out, I added a larger ground bar but the neutral
(at one wire per screw) has no spares.

The 816 is about 9" x 12".... the one I'm considering is about 15"
square.

cheers
Bob

Like many houses around here my Main is upsidedown. I can't see any
reason you can mount the box on its side, probably better with the
door hinge on the bottom.