Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default Scotts Weed Control Fertilizer Killed Our Lawn!! HELP!!!

bob haller wrote:
On Jul 2, 7:01�am, "
wrote:
bob haller wrote:
call a landscaper, who can remove the contaminated soil, replace it
and after preparing the soil install a nice green lawn of sod.
pricey but perhaps its worth it to you?

Good grief! �How about nukes?

obviosly you never had this happen to you............

I did it as a kid under 12 years old.

Wiped out near the entire front lawn for over a year, when it finally
came back it was lush green grew so fast it had to be cut every few
days.......

no i didnt have a spreader. my family wanted to kill me.

resseeding anytime soon will see new grass shoots germinate and

I speak from EXPERIENCE

I once had a yard that had stunted - really, really small - veggies in
the garden when I moved in. I had 1" carrots and a ripe watermelon
about 2" in diam. Next year, after planting my own veggies, I couldn't
dump on enough fert. to get anything growing decently. Young and
inexperienced ) It had very sandy soil and probably pH off the scale.

My daughter has a yard with, probably, the best soil that can be found.
Zinnias 6' tall, wonderful flowers and no bugs. No fert. added. The
OP may have soil with pH that allows plants to take up max N.