Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Scotts Weed Control Fertilizer Killed Our Lawn!! HELP!!!

On Jul 2, 8:10*am, "h" wrote:
"ransley" wrote in message

On Jul 1, 2:40 pm, (MICHELLE H.) wrote:

Every year, we try to do the cycle of Scotts Fertilizers on our lawn (
Crabgrass Fertilizer, Weed Control Fertilizer, Summerguard Fertilizer,
Regular Fertilizer, and Winterguard Fertilizer), and usually have no
problems.
Any help and or suggestions about what to do now would greatly be
appreciated!!!

I'm in upstate NY and my entire lawncare consists of mowing the acreage
every 10 days (in very dry years every 18-19). In 25 years we have never put
down any "products" and we have NEVER watered anything except a newly
planted tree. It rains, we mow. That's it. It's green, lush, and never needs
watering. The only problem we've ever had with the lawn is mole holes early
in the Spring, and the cats take care of that in about a week. There is a
fairly new McMansion up the road (closest neighbor whose lawn we can see)
and these people have had a brown lawn since they built the place. They use
a lawn service that puts out those little flags (caution, toxic to all life
forms, etc.) and they cut the grass at least once a week. They also cut it
much too short. Even this year, when it's been raining almost every day,
their lawn is brown and patchy. I say stay away from doing ANYTHING to the
lawn and you'll be fine. Of course, depending on your location, YMMV.

True, most lawn treatment schedules are made to treat your wallet.