Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How long should a microwave last?

On Thu, 2 Jul 2009 14:39:51 +0100, Ian wrote:

With the Sale of Goods Act and "fit for purpose" in the back of my mind,
what is a reasonable time for a microwave to last these days?

I think the Sharp one we use daily is around 10 years old. The LCD is
a bit iffy, the flexable PCB that is stuck to the display glass has
become a little unstuck so some segments don't work. I'll get a tuit
one day...

2 1/2 years for a brand like Panasonic I'd say is short, good luck
with getting a free repair or replacement.

--
Cheers
Dave.