Posted to uk.d-i-y
larkim larkim is offline

Default Clear decking oil - recommendations

On Jun 29, 9:58*am, larkim wrote:
Just pressure washed thedeckingfor the first time this year, and boy
did it need it! *Now back to looking "new" again, and I hear thatdeckingoilis the way to go for a bit of protection. *I don't want to
affect the colour of the wood if possible (it is the usual pressure
treated / tanalised ridgeddecking). *Are there any recommendations on
the choice ofdeckingoil?

Screwfix do a cleaner andoilcombination pack from Ronseal, which
appears to be "natural" colour.

THey also do Cuprinol's "natural pine".

Does anyone have any experience with either? *Before I go ahead, what
should I expect to happen to the surface of the wood when it is
applied? *Will it have a sheen?

Thanks!

Matt

I don't normally "bump" my usenet postings, so please forgive me this
once. At £30 per tin, its not the sort of stuff I want to shell out
on, test on a patch of spare timber, only to find that it affects the
colour of the wood more than I would want. And in the longer term, if
there is experience which someone has of the durability of the
different brands that would also help to make a good decision.

Any help / advice gratefully received!

Thanks

Matt