Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default 18V battery powered tools

anonymous wrote:
On Wed, 01 Jul 2009 13:13:44 -0500, dpb wrote:

Still no real data/information to go on -- models would be good; what
does DW indicate about charging cycles/battery life? Are these the "top
of line" DW tools or a more modestly-priced tool?

Estimate batteries are charged 75X per year.

The current tools were a combo 4 pack of XRP tools in a hardshell
case. It does not appear to be current stock:

DC988 hammerdrill
DC385 recip saw
DC390 circle saw
and a light

See answer in subthread above to DerbyDad...in short, if following "best
practices" as someone else notes, seems short lifetime to me but I've no
firm solution nor would my experience be certain to translate to yours.

The DW site info seems to contradict the hypothesis of a fundamentally
weak concept; one could always, I suppose, question the implementation
as opposed to someone else's. No data or reason to think it so, though.