Posted to uk.d-i-y
Maris Maris is offline

Default Sash Windows

On Wed, 1 Jul 2009 21:40:58 +0100, fred wrote:

In article , Maris
writes

Take a look at this company:-
http://www.sashproltd.co.uk/window-c...g-supply.shtml

Iam considering using them myself. I have already replaced 4 sash
windows in my Victorian house at a cost of £500 each for the materials
but then I came across this lot. Wished I'd heard about them before.
Maris

They sounded really good until I got to the 'Carbon Emissions' section
and then I plonked them, can't be doing with that over hyped approach.

Have you looked at Reddiseals? They have gone the brushpile route, not
sure which I prefer.

http://www.reddiseals.com/acatalog/sash_windows.html

Thanks for the lead. I hadn't heard of them.Until now I've been using
Mighton for the ironmongery. Not sure you should dismiss Sashpro
because of something in their descriptions. I'm impressed by the
thickness (or lack of) of their double-glazed units. I was put off
double-glazed sashed until now because of the heaviness of the timber
sections but Sashpro seem to have founda solution (as well as the
seals).
Maris