Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default Black decorators caulk - does it exist?

Kevin wrote:
On Jun 30, 3:12 pm, mike wrote:
On Jun 30, 1:58 pm, Kevin wrote:

There's large gaps behind the black granite upstands where the walls
aren't straight.
Ideal solution is to reskim the wall to level it off, but this isn't
going to happen. We've decided best compromise is to use some black
filler, but I'm not sure if black caulk exists and I'm a little wary
of using silicone.

My mother's kitchen has black upstands and they have some from of
black sealer around them. Dunno whether it's caulk or silicone -
possibly the latter as ISTR it looks shinier than caulk.

Why are you wary of silicone? Could you perhaps paint the caulk black?

Because I can't paint over silicone and that'll cause problems with
the inevitable smudges etc. where I've put too much on.
Also because you don't seem to be able to get own-brand black silicone
and this effectively makes it 3 - 4 times the price of the white/
natural stuff.

On the other hand, if it's all I can get then I'll have to go with it.

It is possible to paint over silicone. At least some silicone, for example:

http://www.absealants.co.uk/product_11-2-5_Soudal-Silirub-PDA.htm

--
Rod

onset.