Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default 18V battery powered tools

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Jul 1, 1:38 pm, dpb wrote:

What is more probable (again imo, keep reading ) is they're
relatively inexpensive tools and one of the places manufacturers cut
cost is in less sophisticated chargers. Of course, they may use less
expensive batteries in the packs, too.

Yes, their chargers do shut off once the pack is fully charged. See
here for info on their chargers as well as some charging "best-
practices".

http://www.dewalt.com/us/articles/ar...dless&ID=702#4

OK, assuming OP's gear is in the same series and not something much
earlier w/ less sophistication that should remove that as a likely culprit.

It leaves the other points of how to best handle/charge/use the battery
packs addressed therein as things for OP to consider.

At this point I've no additional input; don't know that my Milwaukee
reds would have lasted OP any longer than his yellow DeWalts lasted him,
only that I've gotten significantly longer than 2-yr life from every
pack I've had. As the brokers are required to say, "past results do not
imply future performance". (Or known as $0.02, ymmv, etc., ...)