Posted to alt.home.repair
anonymous anonymous is offline

Default 18V battery powered tools

On Wed, 01 Jul 2009 11:13:12 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

I'm using three Dewalt 18V chargers and one Dewalt 36V charger.

I've started writing the date on batteries on the day I put them in
service. I'm alarmed at the rate these 18V batteries are dying. I
have not had any 36V volt batteries die yet but I've only got about
1.5 years on those so far.

Your anecdote leaves out an important piece of the puzzle -- charge
cycles. Are you charging a battery 50 times per year or 1000 times per
year?

Depending on the job, sometimes I charge the batteries daily.
Sometimes once a week (or two). Average is most likely 75 charges per
year.

The 18V batteries are XRP series.