Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default 18V battery powered tools

In article ,
(anonymous) wrote:

On Wed, 1 Jul 2009 10:18:41 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

Wouldn't that mean the chargers supplied with the DW tools are
actually detrimental to the batteries, assuming of course, that the OP
is using the DW chargers that came with his DW tools?

Planned obsolescence on DW's part?

Are they purposely limiting the life of their batteries?

I'm using three Dewalt 18V chargers and one Dewalt 36V charger.

I've started writing the date on batteries on the day I put them in
service. I'm alarmed at the rate these 18V batteries are dying. I
have not had any 36V volt batteries die yet but I've only got about
1.5 years on those so far.

Your anecdote leaves out an important piece of the puzzle -- charge
cycles. Are you charging a battery 50 times per year or 1000 times per
year?