Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default 18V battery powered tools

On Jul 1, 1:02*pm, dpb wrote:
dpb wrote:

... Not used any DW, all I have are red (Milwaukee). *2-yr lifetime seems
quite low to me; I've one pair that are at least 8 that are seemingly as
good as new still...

Another thought...the limited lifetime would make me suspect cheap
charger(s) maybe.

--

"Another thought...the limited lifetime would make me suspect
cheap charger(s) maybe."

Wouldn't that mean the chargers supplied with the DW tools are
actually detrimental to the batteries, assuming of course, that the OP
is using the DW chargers that came with his DW tools?

Planned obsolescence on DW's part?

Are they purposely limiting the life of their batteries?