Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stephen[_6_] Stephen[_6_] is offline

Default Earlex wdp1200p broken, twice

Hello,

I bought an Earlex wd1200p vacuum because it had the integral socket
so that I could use it for dust extraction with power tools (green
Bosch ones, if that makes any difference).

Earlier this year the vacuum failed. Earlex told me the pcb had failed
and sent me a new vacuum cleaner because they did not have the
parts in stock to repair mine.

I'm afraid to say that this vacuum has failed too. First it stopped
working when the switch was in position one (vacuum on continuously)
and now it has failed completely and will not work in switch positions
one or two.

I only use it for DIY, so it is not getting heavy or daily use. I am
concerned that I have had two failures within six months. If they send
a replacement will it break just as quickly? Are they all this
unreliable or have I been unlucky?

Thanks,
Stephen.