Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_2_] Graham.[_2_] is offline

Default re-filling laser toner cartidges

wrote in message
On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 16:08:20 +0100, The Wanderer
wrote:

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 11:50:06 +0100, wrote:

Has anyone any experience of doing this.

I want to refill some Lexmark C530 ones.

are some supply co's better than others.

Hints and tips appreciated

Well, plenty do it, but the powder *is* carcinogenic.....

Apparently that's an old wives tale

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/12..._health_check/

Fraunhofer boffins: Laser printers safe after all
About as dangerous as making toast, seemingly

But it IS messy.

The article doesn't mention handling the toner in bulk, as you
would when refilling a cartridge. I would err on the side of caution.
Also, whoever wrote the third paragraph was clearly smoking
something stronger than brown-bread.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%