Posted to uk.d-i-y
Man at B&Q Man at B&Q is offline

Default Painting Brass

On Jun 30, 10:09*pm, "Roger Mills" wrote:

Angela *wrote:
I am painting a wicker dressing screen white - no problem with that.
It has brass hinges that I also want white. *Can anyone advise as to
what paint would be best to do that with? *I figured hammerite, but
I'm not sure - and if it is ok, which actual one would I use?

TIA

Angela

You really need to paint the bare brass with a metal primer, intended for
use with non-ferous metals. Then you can use ordinary oil-based undercoat
and topcoat over the primer.

Your problem is going to be getting it in sensible quantities - a litre will
prime a hell of lot of hinges! I wonder whether a model shop would have
anything suitable.

A good model shop will have etch primer suitable for brass.

MBQ