Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Non-Working Cruzer Flash Drive

On Wed, 01 Jul 2009 06:44:57 +1000, Franc Zabkar
wrote:

I have seen two versions of it, one on the Win98 CD, another one on
the Web.

Here are the Properties of UVCView:

File Version:
6.0.5079.0 (vbl_media_core(percyt).050509-1227)

I'm not sure if this is the latest version. Although the latest
appears to be the 2003 version, I would think it has been recompiled
for the Server 2008 SDK. Note that USBView or whatever is a sample
application for the SDK (software development kludge). Also see:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526325.aspx
Source code is available.

Microsoft® Windows(TM) USB device viewer

Copyright © Microsoft Corporation 1996-2005.

Internal Name:
UVCView

Original filename:
UVCView.EXE

Weird. That's actually the name of the video camera tool.

There are bugs:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/838100

More old bugs in W2K:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/838771

The latest bug fixed release is mixed in with the Server 2003 DDK
(driver development kludge) SP1. See:
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/ddk/default.mspx
All you have to do is download 230MBytes of driver development stuff,
in order to extract the lastest file. I'm tempted.

If you do, please let me have a copy. I'd like to extract the latest
vendor IDs.

Nope. Too much work. I would need to join various MS groups in order
to download the SDK. No thanks:
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/DevTools/WDK/WDKpkg.mspx