Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Jim Thompson Jim Thompson is offline

Default Varmint Control

On Tue, 30 Jun 2009 13:40:39 -0700, Dan Coby
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

It's been 55 years since I was a Scout. Even then our camp (tents)
had a central lodge as a meeting place and had a cafeteria-sized
kitchen, with refrigerators and freezers. And we had a swimming
pool... rivers and creeks in West Virginia tend to have Water
Moccasins (poisonous snake :-(

I guess that they took it easy on the city boys from Huntington. When
I was in the Boy Scouts, 45 years ago, we did our own cooking.

Same here, except for meetings of the whole camp site ("something"
Sulphur Springs... HUGE). I always cooked... to avoid washing dishes
;-)

The camp
did have a kitchen and dining room but it was only for use by the camp
staff. All of the scouts did their own cooking. There was a freezer
at the camp that we could use but it was not convenient since it was
not located at our camp site. We did haul ice from the freezer for
ice boxes. They did build a swimming pool there while I was a scout but
we had used the Hughes river for swimming without ever having a snake bite.
I assume that they had used the river for many decades without incident.

A web site for the camp: http://www.allohak.org/campk.html

Dan

I don't think any large rivers were prone to water moccasins... just
slow "cricks" and "runs" ;-)

Are you still in Parkersburg? I fled WV 51 years ago ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Gourmet Puzzles:

What part of the fish are the "sticks"?

Likewise where are the chicken "fingers" located?