asalcedo asalcedo is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberBiker View Post
I have a steel fish tape - and it's only marginally better than
improvised wire pullers. Maybe fibreglass ones are better.

However looking at the screwfix range:

http://www.screwfix.com/cats/A235328...s/Cable-Access

This (rather expensive) kit stood out as having a few innovations:

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/44025/...e-Rod-Mega-Set

(there's a glowing review too - but does sound a bit like it was
written by the manufacturer)
I have a simpler rod set that works very well. I had not considered it because I need longer length and because it is a lot of work to screw and unscrew each 1m length.

However, I do feel that it may work better, especially because the set you mention seems to offer more versatility.

I am going to get it. Many thanks for the tip.