Posted to uk.d-i-y
S Viemeister[_2_] S Viemeister[_2_] is offline

Default Hanging a heavy(ish) mirror above fireplace

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 22:47:14 +0100, Colin Wilson wrote:

Is there any form of heating device in the fireplace?

There is, but we haven't used it other than for decorative lighting
since it was installed in about March / April, and we don't forsee any
change of use any time soon !

Come winter? Don't say you haven't been warned... you might not be
daft enough but vistors might.

We have a large mirror over our mantel - but we also have a screen over
the fireplace opening. Even without the screen it would be difficult to
get close enough to burn your clothing, unless you were actually
standing on the raised tiled area in front of the fire.