Posted to alt.home.repair
Sandman[_2_] Sandman[_2_] is offline

Default Pool replastering DIY how-to guides?

On Jun 19, 11:05*pm, "scorpionleather" wrote:
"AZ Nomad" wrote in message
is that what he told you?

Yes, mostly because he was concerned about the cracks and he felt that if I
replastered without doing structural fixes about the soil settling
(basically rebuild the entire pool) then I'd be wasting a whole lot of money
on a costly replastering job since the pool is so big (if I had the money in
the first place). *So as a band-aid until the whole structural things can be
addressed, my best bet would be epoxy which seals pretty well. *This just
adds to my back-and-forth confusion between plaster and epoxy but I trust
his opinion because he looked at my pool in person and he's building several
of them in my same neighborhood.

You should be careful about choosing pool paint. Research it first.
I purchased pool paint and applied it last summer and its already
peeling off and wearing thin like crazy! I wasted $500 ON THE BEST
POOL PAINT AVAILABLE, and MY TIME. I pressure washed it and sanded it
down first. What a waste. My pool is 93' in perimeter and the spa is
25'. Now im considering Pebble Tec or Wet Edge Aggregate. My best
quote is $7200 with a 20 year guarantee. Some want more $ to remove
the paint! Yes, it's lots of money, especially when I think about how
much we use it. Thats why im trying to find out if its possible to do
myself. But looks like a big undertaking; see video of just plain
plaster application :
http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cache...&ct=clnk&gl=us

I wonder how much the actual product is to purchase; that why I can
see how much their beating me out on the actual labor. If the product
is over $2500 then I think their offer is fair. It is a skilled job
and allot of work!