Posted to alt.home.repair
Big Bob Big Bob is offline

Default Air Conditioner cycles off after 3 to 5 minutes---need troubleshooting help

Sorry it took so long to get back to you.
Sounds like Stormin answered a few of your questions.
What I did was go to the item you provided a link for and then put that part
number in Google followed by the work specs. A page from another site popped
up with the specs.
As far as the mounting holes, well in the past when I used universal
replacements, at times I had to drill a new hole or 2 in the faceplate to
get it to mount. I would rather drill a few holes than spend and extra 70
bucks for an OEM stat.

"Bob" wrote in message
On Jun 28, 3:24 pm, "Big Bob" wrote:
Not only is the voltage important, so is the amp rating.
The specs for the part you propose a
Universal type window unit thermostat kit.

Range: Cold Off (52ºF) Warm On (93ºF)
Diff: 6ºF
Capillary: 18" End 1" Aircoil
SPST, F.L.A. 20A, L.R.A. 80A

I would go for it

Hey Big Bob (from Bob);

I love the education I'm getting. Where did you come up with the
specs for the Universal type window unit thermostat kit?

SPST= single pole, single throw. What is F.L.A. and L.R.A.?

Is it Universal enough that the mounting holes are going to match, or
is that too much to ask?

Stormin Mormon: The tube spacing looks OK, but before I spend buy any
new parts, I am going to try moving the tube somewhat and see what
happens.

Bob