Posted to alt.home.repair
The Ranger[_4_] The Ranger[_4_] is offline

Default Odd project

FlaBill wrote in message
I have a need to make a hole in the center of plastic sunglasses.
Drills or hole saws don't seem to work. What would you suggest?

Are you attempting this with a hand drill or a drill press? How large is the
drill bit and how have you secured the glasses? Are these the 10-for-$1.99
"beach combers" that kids love? Are you using an old drill bit that might've
lost its cutting edge or a new out-of-the-package bit?

When I did this, I used a 1/32" bit, locked the entire package down on top
of my drill press, wood block underneath, and dropped it down SLOWLY. It
took several minutes of tedious work but I was able to do it. I first tried
it with my hand drill and quickly decided a drill press was the better tool.

If you have a plastics shop (TAP comes to mind but I haven't seen one in
years) near you, they might also offer some tools for "punching" the holes.

The Ranger