Posted to alt.home.repair
Higgs Boson[_2_] Higgs Boson[_2_] is offline

Default Painting garage wall - how protect plants?

On Jun 27, 1:46*pm, Paul Franklin
wrote:
On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 04:39:18 -0700 (PDT), Higgs Boson

wrote:
I've been delaying repainting garage wall because plants grow right up
to the wall.
Nabe painter suggested I slide plastic sheeting down behind the
plants. Tried it, but
clumsy and difficult for short person. *Any other suggestions?

TIA

I've slid a sheet of 1/4" ply or masonite between the wall and the
plants, then pulled it back to give some clearance and held it with a
couple of long stakes driven into the ground. *Once you have some
clearance, it's easy enough to cover them with a canvas drop cloth if
you need to.

HTH,

Paul F.

Thanks, Paul - that comes closest to meeting my needs.
Appreciate all the other input, however!

These are not hedges; they are plants that (I think) could handle
the weight of a sheet of lumber to push them away from the
wall. I might not even need thestakes, if lumber is heavy
enuff. But I hate to buy a sheet just for that g Will think
about it.