Posted to alt.home.repair
Aaron Fude Aaron Fude is offline

Default Wall speaker jacks

On Jun 28, 5:03*pm, Phisherman wrote:
On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 08:56:57 -0700 (PDT), Aaron Fude

wrote:
Hi,

This might be more appropriate for an audio forum, but I can't find
one!

I'm looking to install speakers in my house connected to a single
receiver, with wires running through the walls. And I want to be able
to turn speakers on and off. So I'm looking for something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-PH6207...dp/B0009AD4KE/

but with an on/off switch. Is anyone aware of a product like that?

Thanks!

Aaron

No, and for good reason. *You can mess up an amp when the speaker
power has no load. * Most amps will have On/Off controls, many are
equipped with separate speaker systems. *For example, my Yamaha amp
can play the radio in my theater room or kitchen or both.

Thanks! Can you recommend a receiver with many zones. Yours sounds
like it has just two... I would like five or six.