Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default availability of sheet ABS or suitable substitute?

In article ,
Nate Nagel wrote:

Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
Nate Nagel wrote:

I don't know where to find same (although I bet I could order it from
McMaster-Carr.)

And that option is unsuitable because?

I like instant gratification

I guess it depends on how close you are to a warehouse, but it's hard to
get any more "instant" than ordering at 6 p.m. and having it the next
day around 10 a.m., standard ground shipping.

that, and they tend to make you buy more than you need, thus ensuring
that you have a lifetime supply of whatever you couldn't find elsewhere.
(e.g. the screws I needed to mount the rear rack on my bike came in
bags of 100; granted, the cost was about the same as the gas it would
have taken me to drive around and find them, but now I have 96 damned
stainless steel socket head metric cap screws...)

nate