Posted to rec.woodworking

Default cutting down / cutting up trees

"Morris Dovey" wrote:

One of 'em brought a home-built frame that had a 30" circular blade
(with no guard, of course) that was pulley driven from his WD45 PTO.

snip
I've always thought it was a minor miracle that I still had both
hands at the end of the day.

Can certainly relate.

Had an uncle in North Central Indiana who had a 1938 John Deere
tractor he built a frame to hang on the front end to support a BIG saw
blade that was powered by a flat belt (same as a thrasher except
smaller belt).

He used it to clear brush.

Saw it mounted on the tractor and it scared the devil out of me.

Never saw it in service, just as happy I didn't.

Lew