Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Grinding wheel question

How about fluid colling the grind vs. dry and high heat.

What do you suggest for lawn mower blades ?

I'd have to make a jig - but that is just some of the fun.

Martin

Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:
"Bob" wrote in message
Thank you guys. I ended up buying them. I am optimistic that they
will work out. The coarse grit will be good for sharpenening mower
blades (mine and neighbors), which is a frequent activity this time of
the year.

Bob

Luck!

I expect they'll be too hard for that job, but I could be wrong. Mower
blades are heat treated to some degree, so a softer wheel would be
desirable, not only for faster and easier cutting, but to prevent annealing
the blade.

One thing that will make them behave softer is to run them under recommended
speed. That's the nature of grinding wheels.

Harold