Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Air Conditioner cycles off after 3 to 5 minutes---need troubleshooting help

That's a reasonable web page. Like the writer says, Klixons
mostly all look alike. When I think Klixon, I think start
relay, not overload. Oh, well.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in
message ...

My suggestion of the overload was because of the age
of the window unit. If he cleans it and it still does
the same thing, it's probably the overload. A few months
ago, my friend and me cleaned an old unit he had in a
front room of his home. After cleaning, it was behaving
the same way as the OP's AC. It turned out to be the
overload relay under the connection cover of the comp.
I found a link that can explain it better on, of all
places, a coke machine page.

http://www.colamachines.com/howto/Cooling-Tips.htm

TDD