Posted to alt.home.repair

Default The end of newsgroups?

On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 09:20:56 -0400, George
wrote:

Phisherman wrote:
On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 07:28:54 -0400, George
wrote:

Phisherman wrote:
On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 21:37:09 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article ,
aemeijers wrote:

Of course, this will make it even harder for the newbies to understand
that Usenet is not Google Groups, since that is what most regulars on a
budget will end up using.

--
aem sends...
And as has been mentioned, Google's interface is god awful. I don't know

Maybe because it is free? I am a long-term Usenet user and not about
to start paying for it after AT&T (supposedly) pulls the Usenet plug
in 2 weeks. AT&T has a lot of customers, I'm sure there will be users
that stop using Usenet.
You or they don't happen to pay for it unless you happened to be
interested in binary groups. There are a number of free text only servers.

I havn't used binaries for about a year now, but the only free
newsgroup access that works (for me) is Google. Where can I find
setup instructions for Eternal September servers?

http://www.eternal-september.org/

Thanks George, the client settings I need was discovered in the
technical information. That should work.