Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default availability of sheet ABS or suitable substitute?

"Nate Nagel" wrote in message
. I have another clip to copy and it looks pretty trivial to make one, if
I were able to find some sheets of appropriately sized ABS (I believe
that's what it is made of) glued together with some sort of appropriate
adhesive (ABS pipe cement?) But I don't know where to find same (although
I bet I could order it from McMaster-Carr.)

Would styrene be strong enough? I know I could get that at a hobby shop
and it's easy enough to work with...

Have you tried the Yellow Pages? Plenty of plastic suppliers around in big
cities. . As for using styrene, how strong does it have to be? May work,
may not.