Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Wiring in conduit

JIMMIE wrote:
I cant think of a single reason anyone would want to use a soldered
joint for primary power wiring with the exception of what the OP
wanted to do and that was to circumvent other NEC specifications.

That has always been proscribed--NEC (won't quote Sections) prohibits
soldered connections in service wires, ground wire or a grounding wire.

Even where solder joints were prescribed, the solder was not to take the
place of the proper mechanical joint, only to maintain its integrity w/
time.

I've assumed (which I probably ought to correct) in another post to OP
that the run he's speaking of is a branch circuit and thereby is fused
upstream given it's #10 that would seem a safe bet.