Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default MOLD

Bob F wrote:
BradMM wrote:
I planted a wisteria on the west side window to an out building where
my office and tool room are. Because it's been 108 degrees this week
and we just replaced our compressor/fan, I thought about growing the
wisteria OVER this building's roof. Then I noticed that there appears
to be mold growing under the wisteria that's there. I guess this
makes sense for mold to be growing in an area of reduced air movement
due to the dense plant being these... right?

Or the plants have aphids or something, and the mold is growing on the aphid
"dew".

And this is some sort of a problem?

The bigger problem would be that eventually the wisteria would likely
cause severe structural damage to the building if it's allowed to
actually grow onto the structure itself.