Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Outdoor socket kit

On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 15:23:00 +0100 someone who may be John Rumm
quoted this:-

"j. The installation of a socket outlet on an external wall is
notifiable, since the socket-outlet is an outdoor connector that could
be connected to cables that cross the garden..."

Well blow me down. Who would ever of thought of that?

Shortly I will be plugging a cable into an outside socket which I
installed on the wall myself. The cables will indeed cross the
garden, that's how they get to the strimmer, lawn mower, shredder,
electric drill and the other tools I use in the garden. They are fed
directly from a consumer unit I installed myself. Given that I am
the person most likely to die if I did anything wrong I was very
careful to do it properly and I make sure it is maintained properly
for the same reason.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh