Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default The end of newsgroups?

Sea Dog wrote:

Download live CD image of Linux Mint, burn to CD, put in DVD drive and
restart your computer. Make sure BIOS is set to boot from DVD drive.
See what a good OS is. It won't change anything on your hard drive or
alter your Windows system. When your done take out the CD and reboot
and your back to using Windows again.

http://www.linuxmint.com/oldreleases.php

Putting Linux on your computer is roughly equivalent to have a blow-up doll
for a girlfriend. And, at less than 1%, both have about the same market
penetration (pardon the pun).

Full disclosu Just because I own a wheelbarrow full of Microsoft stock in
no way influences my opinion of other operating systems.