Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Outdoor socket kit

In article ,
"The Medway Handyman" writes:
Purchased the above from B&Q. Very impressed.

Comprises of a pre wired IP55 socket, t'other end of the 2m cable is already
stripped & trimmed to go into an RCD plug (supplied).

Back of the socket has 4 mounting holes & the spacing dimensions are moulded
into the plastic case. Installation a doddle, fix socket to wall, drill
hole for cable, connect to RCD plug - Robert is your fathers brother.

Neatly avoids Part P, cost £15 which I thought was reasonable.

Aldi have something similar which looks good, but I haven't bought
one and don't recall the price (quite likely less than B&Q though).

Don't know why you think it avoids Prat P, but no one seems to care
about Prat P anyway, and there won't have been a single Prat P
application for any of the many thousands sold buy many retailers.
Never use Prat P as an excuse for not doing a proper professional
job.

--
Andrew Gabriel