Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Do in-duct booster fans work

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 18:10:06 -0700, David Nebenzahl
wrote:

On 6/26/2009 1:21 PM mm spake thus:

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 09:12:35 -0700 (PDT), Christopher Nelson
wrote:

I have a room that never seems to get enough heat or AC. I have a
split level. The furnace is below the family room and the cold/hot
room is above the family room. You'd think that'd be a short-ish run
of duct work but it does bend a couple of times. I'm thinking of
putting a booster fan like http://www.comfortgurus.com/product_...roducts_id/563
in.

I was born in January, and my father had one put in in 1947, to make
my room warm enough. It worked. I was only 8 pounds and now I'm 220.

So you're saying that booster fans are responsible for rapid and
significant weight gain?

Maybe. That seems to be the case with me. Although it took 50 years
ao get to this weight, around '97. That's about 4 pounds a year.