Posted to alt.home.repair
Paul Franklin[_2_] Paul Franklin[_2_] is offline

Default Painting garage wall - how protect plants?

On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 04:39:18 -0700 (PDT), Higgs Boson
wrote:

I've been delaying repainting garage wall because plants grow right up
to the wall.
Nabe painter suggested I slide plastic sheeting down behind the
plants. Tried it, but
clumsy and difficult for short person. Any other suggestions?

TIA

I've slid a sheet of 1/4" ply or masonite between the wall and the
plants, then pulled it back to give some clearance and held it with a
couple of long stakes driven into the ground. Once you have some
clearance, it's easy enough to cover them with a canvas drop cloth if
you need to.

HTH,

Paul F.