Silvan

Default Chisel Handle wood choices

Charlie Self wrote:

Ash is good. Hickory is good. Boxwood is great (if you can find it and
afford it).

Speaking o' which... I see lots o' references to boxwood in various
contexts. Is this some British/Euro tree species I've never seen, or is it
the same as the ordinary, ubiquitous boxwood shrub I have growing in front
of the house?

The thing is rather sad, I've not had much luck rejuvinating it, and it's
getting decidedly ugly. If I could turn it into some good handles, that
would be an argument in favor of replacing it with an oak-leaf hydrangea or
other similar.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/