Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default Painting garage wall - how protect plants?

Higgs Boson wrote:
I've been delaying repainting garage wall because plants grow right up
to the wall.
Nabe painter suggested I slide plastic sheeting down behind the
plants. Tried it, but
clumsy and difficult for short person. Any other suggestions?

TIA

What kinds of plants? Hedges? When we painted our condo, we tied up
hedges to keep them from touching walls. I used strips cut from old
panty hose - nice and soft so they don't damage plants. Strips cut from
plastic bags work as well. Paint splatters probably won't hurt most
plants, but might make them homely for a while, so cover with a tarp
when ready to paint. A tarp left on too long in hot sun can cause burn
to the plants....