Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Powerline distortion on Car AM radio reception

1PW wrote:
Bob F wrote:
I just bought a Dodge Caravan with a Pioneer DEH-P2000 radio/CD
player. When listening to AM radio and driving near HV powerlines,
the received signal is significantly distorted. The sound "warbles",
and is very unpleasant, and sometimes hard to understand voices. It
happens a lot driving around town.

I've never experienced this before with other cars or radios. Can
anyone suggest anything I can do to solve the problem, other than
the obvious "replace it"?

Hello Bob:

You can't have your cake and eat it too...

Get this replaced while you still have your warranty in effect.

Warm regards,

Pete

Unfortunately, I bought it used, and the warrantee is long gone, I'm sure.