Dave Plowman

Default ***kin British Gas! Rant

In article ,
Witchy wrote:
Mrs Witchy just got a quote from the RAC to renew her subs....even
after being with them for 9 years and having a no-call-out discount
they still want over £160 for a year's membership.....THAT's a
rip-off, I think.

Last year my old Rover decided to break its fan belt at Shepherd's Bush
early one Saturday morning - about 00.30. It took almost half an hour to
get through to the RAC, and then half an hour of holding on - expensive on
a mobile. I was then asked the most stupid questions and told my car model
didn't exist - despite it having been registered with them for the past 15
years or so...

I was told it could take up to 120 minutes for them to get a breakdown to
me. Not 2 hours, oh no, but 120 minutes. I also asked if they would bring
a spare fan belt or a vehicle which could lift the car as being an auto I
wasn't going to allow it to be towed on its wheels. I was told that
decision would be made by the mechanic.

I waited for almost two hours with no sign of them and decided to drive
home since there was now no traffic, and if I could keep up about 30 mph,
the airflow would turn the fan and the waterpump, and I'd stop at the
first sign of overheating. I got home in about 1/2 hour stopping twice.

I'd been in a while and was having a bedtime drink when they phoned my
mobile saying they couldn't find me. Well over 3 hours from first trying
to contact them. In Central London - not miles from anywhere.

I wrote to them complaining and got a reply about 6 weeks later. Their
logged times were over an hour out from mine. So now I know how they say
they will respond within a certain time on average - they lie through
their teeth.

--
*This message has been ROT-13 encrypted twice for extra security *

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn