Posted to alt.home.repair
Rick Brandt Rick Brandt is offline

Default Do in-duct booster fans work

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 09:12:35 -0700, Christopher Nelson wrote:

I have a room that never seems to get enough heat or AC. I have a split
level. The furnace is below the family room and the cold/hot room is
above the family room. You'd think that'd be a short-ish run of duct
work but it does bend a couple of times. I'm thinking of putting a
booster fan like
http://www.comfortgurus.com/product_...roducts_id/563 in. Do
they work? Any comments on the brand or model I should be aware of?
I'd rather walk into my h/w store or home center and go home with one
but I can't find one locally. Is that to be expected or have I just
looked in the wrong places?

Our house had one (installed by previous owner) that I just recently
removed. Terribly noisy. That room sounded like the furnace blower was
in the room with you. We have noticed no temperature difference since
removing it.