Posted to alt.home.repair
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Cedar siding repair

"tim birr" wrote

There was a knot there where the "hole" is now. It just looks like the
knot fell out of the hole, so to speak --;0

So, again...best fix??

Sorry, several fixes. Forgot to add that. I'd use a simple exterior wood
putty which is sold in colors (use one that either seems to match, or a
little lighter then dab stain on it to match rest).

Although i've not done that particular job, I imagine stipliling it a bit
with an old toothbrush would make the looks match a bit better. You could
probably make it look pretty much like a 'knot' with that tactic.