Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Default Mitsubishi VCR Upper Drum Removal?

On Jun 26, 6:19*pm, "David Farber" wrote:
Ron wrote:
I have a Mitsubishi HS-U500 VCR that I believe the heads have gone bad
on.

A friend gave me a non-working HS-U500 and I want to replace the upper
drum on mine with the one that was given to me.

I took out the two screws on both drums and neither one will lift
off.

Are these things pressed on or something? If so how can I get them off
w/o damaging anything?

I don't have the VCR in front of me but are you sure you won't need a
soldering iron to remove the head wiring from the cylinder assembly?

Thanks. I spoke to someone at an electronics repair shop and that is
what has to be done.