Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Do in-duct booster fans work

On Jun 26, 11:12*am, Christopher Nelson wrote:
I have a room that never seems to get enough heat or AC. *I have a
split level. *The furnace is below the family room and the cold/hot
room is above the family room. *You'd think that'd be a short-ish run
of duct work but it does bend a couple of times. *I'm thinking of
putting a booster fan likehttp://www.comfortgurus.com/product_info.php/products_id/563
in. *Do they work? *Any comments on the brand or model I should be
aware of? *I'd rather walk into my h/w store or home center and go
home with one but I can't find one locally. *Is that to be expected or
have I just looked in the wrong places?

You probably have some poorly balanced and improperly routed/
fabricated ductwork. Although a duct fan might help, in the long run
if you get the system modified by knowledgeable professionals it will
work the way it should and by working right it will save you $$, maybe
even enough to pay for the rework in a few years. You might be missing
essentials like cold air returns, etc. Whatever you decide, good luck.
There are a lot of HVAC hacks out there.

Joe