Posted to alt.home.repair
Christopher Nelson Christopher Nelson is offline

Default Do in-duct booster fans work

I have a room that never seems to get enough heat or AC. I have a
split level. The furnace is below the family room and the cold/hot
room is above the family room. You'd think that'd be a short-ish run
of duct work but it does bend a couple of times. I'm thinking of
putting a booster fan like http://www.comfortgurus.com/product_...roducts_id/563
in. Do they work? Any comments on the brand or model I should be
aware of? I'd rather walk into my h/w store or home center and go
home with one but I can't find one locally. Is that to be expected or
have I just looked in the wrong places?