Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joseph Gwinn Joseph Gwinn is offline

Default Dribble Cooling on a lathe

In article ,
Ignoramus21117 wrote:

On 2009-06-26, Joseph Gwinn wrote:
This may be a keeper, and it cost far less than the fancy mist coolant
systems. I will probably have to make and install a chip tray drain, as
I creep towards full flood coolant.

Did you try comparing your cutting performance (such as resulting
finish, tool wear etc) with and without coolant?

Try comparing the finish, you may learn something interesting.

I never ran dry, except as a test. Wet is much better, in every
respect, except for a few materials, such as brass and cast iron.

What I'm seeing with the dribble coolant is that with the mister it
appears that I was not getting quite enough coolant on target.

Joe Gwinn