Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Perimeter insecticide: Which one?

The Real Bev wrote:
Robert Neville wrote:

wrote:

I want to buys some kind of insecticide to spay around
outside of perimeter of home to keep bugs down.... ALL
kinds of bugs

There are many brands to chose from.

Any advice or links to reviews and what really works
well? best bang for buck, et?

Diazanon worked very well. Unfortunately some golf courses were
using it near water hazards, and it didn't do the migratory
waterfowl a lot of good, so they pulled it off the market a few
years ago. I'd just go with whatever the major brands like Ortho are
offering and hope for the best.

I like their Home Defense. It works and doesn't stink. Terro is good
(or bad, actually!) for ants.

By the way - if you are hoping for an electric fence type of action,
you're going to be disappointed. Most bugs take up klan residence
and don't move in and out.

I've tried to convince the spousal unit that it would be far more
effective keeping the floors cleaner and thus removing the bugs food
source than spraying the foundation and putting bug traps
everywhere. That isn't well received...

That doesn't explain why ants enter, march around the rim of the
bathtub and then exit.

Thats because they are pervert ants, stupid.