Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Perimeter insecticide: Which one?

Robert Neville wrote in
:

wrote:

I want to buys some kind of insecticide to spay around
outside of perimeter of home to keep bugs down.... ALL
kinds of bugs

There are many brands to chose from.

Any advice or links to reviews and what really works
well? best bang for buck, et?

Diazanon worked very well. Unfortunately some golf courses were using
it near water hazards, and it didn't do the migratory waterfowl a lot
of good, so they pulled it off the market a few years ago. I'd just go
with whatever the major brands like Ortho are offering and hope for
the best.

By the way - if you are hoping for an electric fence type of action,
you're going to be disappointed. Most bugs take up klan residence and
don't move in and out.

I've tried to convince the spousal unit that it would be far more
effective keeping the floors cleaner and thus removing the bugs food
source than spraying the foundation and putting bug traps everywhere.
That isn't well received...

Many bugs are just looking for the environment; heat, cool, water, light,
shelter, cable TV, etc and has nothing to do with cleanliness.

That isn't well received...

Maybe well deserved...but on the other hand I've seen some lazy pigs too.